[racket] Should `raco pkg update <x>` presume --update-deps?

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at cs.indiana.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 11 14:03:57 EST 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> That doesn't sound like the right conclusion to me from this particular
> evidence. I'm not sure if I'm falling for the "easy semantics" dream here,
> but "update = remove + install" sounds really nice. (So would "update =
> remove + remove-all-deps + install" tho. :)

Here's another data point for why I think this is problematic: the
`rwind` package prompts the user and installs some config files when
installed. Updating it shouldn't run this again just to update some of
the code.

Sam

Posted on the users mailing list.