[racket] Boston Area Meet Up

From: Daniel King (daniel.zidan.king at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 9 16:28:24 EST 2013

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Greg Hendershott
<greghendershott at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just FYI, not saying it's better, the handful of meetups I've been to
> so far all used a format like:

I like the broken down format. I also feel a lot more comfortable signing up for
a ten minute talk than a half hour one.

How does first or second week of December work for you? I like Wednesdays,
personally.

No one else has showed interest, but perhaps if we set a date we can get some
yea/nays.

The degenerate case of a handful of folks showing up to chat is still something
I'm interested in; I think it could snowball into something bigger.

> A gotcha is finding some company to sponsor pizza. If the crowd
> includes entrepreneurs, it seems a law firm or other services provider
> will do it.

Yeah, this might be tricky. I'll reach out to my friends who work in Cambridge
and see if any companies are interested.

> But even if that would be a good format, eventually, maybe that's not
> the way to kick it off.

I agree; we'll see what the response is like.

--
Dan King