[racket] Best way to propose changes to Scribble CSS files

From: David T. Pierson (dtp at mindstory.com)
Date: Sat Nov 9 14:22:30 EST 2013

On Sat, Nov 09, 2013 at 02:12:55AM -0500, Matthew Butterick wrote:
> To preview the pages in a web browser, start here:
>
> http://mbutterick.github.io/racket-doc-redo/doc/index.html

Matthew,

I imagine a significant amount of work was put into this, which I
appreciate, and which makes me reluctant to say anthing negative.

Unfortunately, I find it hard to read this.

For reference, I've tried Iceweasel 17 (debian), Safari 5.0.6 (os x),
and Firefox 24.0 (windows).

The layout seems fine, I don't really have any comment there.

The font colors in particular are too light for me.  The links
especially should stand out from the rest of the text but instead are
fainter.  I'd like it much better if the links were brighter/bolder
and bluer.  In general the different text styles seem too similar to
each other, but if only 1 thing could change I'd like to see the links
stand out more.  For example, when I look at the first page linked
above, the table of contents looks lighter than everything else, whereas
I'd like it stand out.  And the sidebar items don't *look* like links at
all.

The light gray (?) background of definitions is so light that it doesn't
show up for me if I'm not looking at it straight on.  That is partially
an indictment of my laptop's screen, but I don't have that problem with
with the official docs site.

I appreciate your effort.  If this is to become the official CSS, I hope
the text can be made easier to read and the links especially made easier
to identify.

Thanks for listening.

David

Posted on the users mailing list.