[racket] Marketplace: A language for network-aware programming

From: Ray Racine (ray.racine at gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 30 12:53:07 EDT 2013

Quick browsed the doc this morning.

Very happy to see this.  Some novelty here I think.  The Pub/Sub vs. say
strict Actor Peer-To-Peer seems more flexible.  Typed Endpoints and
Handlers. Yea!!

Looks like I can throw out some really half-baked code that addresses
similar functionality as Marketplace and does a poor job of doing so and
use Marketplace.

What is the general assumption, if any, regarding message delivery
guarantees?  Guaranteed, Once-And-Only-Once, At-Most-Once.  And Message
Ordering.  Say between 2 physical node Ground-VMs across a network?
Node 1 - Process A - sends M1 - sends M2  ----> Node 2 - Process B always
consumes M1 before M2?

Also rather curious on details of Marketplaces' approach to "Let-It-Fail"
semantics and Nanny monitoring / restarting of processes.

And it's in Typed Racket too.  Double plus good.