[racket] Compiling A Collection - Module Resolving Blame

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu May 30 07:51:11 EDT 2013

At Wed, 29 May 2013 21:45:23 -0500, Robby Findler wrote:
> re: current-directory-for-user: I also don't see a better way. Probably the
> docs should say "don't set this path", roughly (with some caveats that
> would include things like drracket)

Do the current docs say that well enough, or should we revise?:

 Normally, current-directory-for-user should stay at its initial value,
 reflecting the directory where a user started a process. A tool such
 as DrRacket, however, implicitly lets a user select a directory (for
 the file being edited), in which case updating
 current-directory-for-user makes sense.

Posted on the users mailing list.