[racket] Problem Stream with alternating values

From: Shannon Severance (sseverance at e-dialog.com)
Date: Tue May 21 16:23:41 EDT 2013

Patrick,

> I saw that. The requirement for a stream of alternating values was
> clearly stated, but then it confusingly talked about the internal
> structure of a stream.  Surely if the stream is constructed by
> stream primitives then it will all be thunked.  Or do you read the
> problem as requiring that the stream itself be separately thunked?

Is this from the archive on Coursera "Programming Languages" taught by
Dan Grossman? If Racket's built in streams were mentioned at all it
was to say something like, Racket has built in support for streams,
but for the purpose of this class we are going to implement our own
streams.

The videos "Using Streams" and "Defining Streams" in section 5 covers
how to use and implement streams. There is a summary in the section 5
reading notes. Racket stream primitives make no appearance.

-- Shannon

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named in this transmission. If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited and that you should delete the contents of this transmission from your system immediately. Any comments or statements contained in this transmission do not necessarily reflect the views or position of GSI Commerce, Inc. or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates.

Posted on the users mailing list.