[racket] Re-usable C-like input syntax

From: Tom Schouten (tom at zwizwa.be)
Date: Tue May 21 15:26:26 EDT 2013

Hi List,

Checking if anyone has any ideas or advice on this.

I'm writing a DSL for (music) DSP low-level algorithm design, and I'd
like to use some C-like syntax front on top of the default s-expr input
to avoid having to confront people with Scheme.

I realize this approach has been tried many times and was abandoned
maybe just as much, but I am confronted with a practical issue in the
target audience.  It's amazing how much friction a foreign syntax can
cause in practical embedded/DSP engineering circles...

Is there anything re-usable out there in Racket land that looks like C
but with a simpler grammar or a simple map to s-expressions?  The
language I'm implementing is purely functional / single assignment, and
looks pretty much like Scheme at this point.

A subset of JavaScript would maybe also be good enough.

Cheers,
Tom

Posted on the users mailing list.