[racket] Trouble with RSound

From: Gabriel Peredo (gabriel.peredo at gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 13 17:53:22 EDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-05-13 at 14:06 -0700, John Clements wrote:
> On May 12, 2013, at 12:26 PM, Gabriel Peredo wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to use RSound, but I ran into a problem. Thing is, if I try
> > to play more than one sound, in any manner, during a single racket
> > session, I get a "pa-open-stream: Device unavailable" error. This here
> > is enough to trigger the problem on my machine:
> >
> > #lang racket
> > (require (planet clements/rsound))
> >
> > (play ding)
> > (play ding)
> >
> > For what it's worth, here is some info about my system:
> >
> > Fedora 17, x86_64
> > Racket 5.3
> > portaudio v19 (from Fedora's repo)
> > RSound v4.4
>
> Thanks for the report.
>
> I know it sounds like you've given me all of the configuration information you possibly could, but… what does your audio subsystem look like? Are you using ALSA?
>
> John

Yeah, forgot about that. I'm currently using PulseAudio 1.1 on its stock
configuration, over ALSA. After trying a bit by loading the jackd module directly... and installing jack (1.9.9.5), I reverted to the defaults.

If it's of help, I have put the what's printed to the CLI racket REPL here: http://pastebin.com/Y6N3xgM6, the sound played once on that run as well.

Posted on the users mailing list.