[racket] A language mode for SQL

From: Sean McBeth (sean.mcbeth at gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 8 14:49:56 EDT 2013

Is there a language mode for Racket, or perhaps a 3rd party library, that
can do basic syntax checking for ANSI SQL? I hate writing a query, starting
the app, getting through the UI to the point I'm working on, executing a
command, and only THEN learning I have a syntax error from accidentally
typing a period instead of a comma or some-such issue. It'd be nice if
there were some set of macros that understood the basic SQL syntax could be
used to generate arbitrary queries.

I'm also not looking for an ORM. I don't need anything that tries to
abstract the SQL away from me, as I am often in need of rather complex
queries. I just want a thing that can check my syntax for my live code
sometime before run-time.

If there is no such thing currently, I'd be highly motivated to trying my
hand at writing such a thing.