[racket] #lang sicp

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue May 7 07:12:26 EDT 2013

At Tue, 07 May 2013 05:33:06 -0400, Neil Van Dyke wrote:
> If I want the SICP package in PLaneT to be usable via "#lang sicp", is
> the right way to have the package's installer create a *collection link*?

I don't think there's a right way to do that with PLaneT. A package
with the new package system is really the right way.

> And it should be "(links #:user? #true ...)"?

That should work, but it feels wrong; it's acting at the wrong layer.
The `raco setup' tool, for example, expects the set of available
collections to stay fixed while it is setting up collections. Another
symptom is there's no way (I think) for uninstalling the package to
uninstall the link.

If you go this route, maybe at least double-check that no "sicp"
collection already exists before adding the link:

  (collection-path "sicp" #:fail (lambda (x) #f))

Posted on the users mailing list.