[racket] List functions instead of string functions?

From: Don Green (infodeveloperdon at gmail.com)
Date: Fri May 3 13:04:46 EDT 2013

Is it practical or possible to replace any series of chars using list
functions instead of using string functions such as regexp-replace?

 I can remove from an apple, a peel, with a knife.

I can remove from an orange, a peel, with the same knife.

 However,

I can remove from a string, any series of characters with a function.

I cannot remove from a list, any series of characters with the same
function.

 Any suggestions?

 I can edit a file using string fns such as regexp-replace.

I have used list function: read-words/line.

 Your advice?

Thanks.

Don Green