[racket] Some tips regarding a math/matrix bug?

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hashcollision.org)
Date: Mon Mar 25 22:37:37 EDT 2013

>  - Can someone provide insight as to the pros and cons of compilation (to
>    executable)? Do we lose a significant amount of performance by not compiling
>    (to executable)?

There should be zero performance difference if I'm not mistaken.  raco
exe just bundles a copy of the Racket executable along with the
transitive closure of the bytecode used by the program and its
dependencies.  As the first paragraph of
http://docs.racket-lang.org/raco/exe.html says, "Running an executable
produced by raco exe will not improve performance over raco make."

Posted on the users mailing list.