[racket] Question on networking

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hashcollision.org)
Date: Fri Mar 22 19:35:55 EDT 2013

> Also, my main question, is there anyway i can make a page like
> http://www.hellofriends.com and if someone typed that in a browser they'd be
> redirected to my page from my computer? or for that i need to pay for a
> server?

Services for "Dynamic DNS" may be relevant to your question:

    http://howto.wired.com/wiki/Set_Up_Dynamic_DNS

The idea is that your computer would tell the dynamic DNS system what
its dynamic IP address is, and then the system would forward other
users to your computer.  Of course, this means that you have to keep
your computer up and running.

For anything serious, I'd probably try to have a hosted server
somewhere with a static IP address.  Amazon EC2 does stuff like this,
as do other web hosting providers.

Posted on the users mailing list.