[racket] doc request for serve/servlet

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Fri Mar 22 16:13:46 EDT 2013

On Mar 22, 2013, at 5:06 AM, Jay McCarthy wrote:

> I'm willing to change the docs, but I'd like to try to explain it in
> an email to make sure the explanation is okay.
>
> The key sentence of the documentation is: "start is loaded as a
> servlet and responds to requests that match servlet-regexp."
>
> The default for servlet-regexp is such that the ONLY path that the
> servlet responds to is "/servlets/standalone.rkt" and ALL other paths
> are handled by the static file handlers.

I think that that fact is not inferrable from the docs. I would change the current text
to:

"start is loaded as a
servlet and responds to requests that match servlet-regexp. Requests
that don't match this regexp will be served from the pool of static files, if
a corresponding file exists, or routed to the file-not-found-responder."

Reviewing my thrashing last night, I've come to the conclusion that much of
my suffering was caused by browser caching. I think that the text above
might have gotten me to that realization, by explicitly static a set of circumstances
under which requests go to the pool of static files.

Thoughts?

John