[racket] 5.3.3, Scribble, (Scriblogify?), Plot, and Google's BlogSpot

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 20 18:26:26 EDT 2013

On 03/20/2013 01:23 PM, Ryan Culpepper wrote:
> On 03/20/2013 04:02 PM, Patrick King wrote:
>>
>> I was driven to 'call-with-trusted-sandbox-configuration' and
>> 'make-evaluator' rather than 'make-base-eval' to sooth Racket's paranoia
>> about my trying to call my own code. Adding 'file/convertible' to my
>> 'require's doesn't seem to change anything. "Scribble HTML" works as
>> expected locally. Attempts to upload via Scriblogify fail as described
>> before.
>
> The file/convertible module needs to be *attached* (via
> 'namespace-attach-module'), not just required. Look at the
> implementation of 'make-base-eval' in collects/scribble/eval.rkt.

You could try a variation of the trick the plot documentation uses to
make vector graphics for the PDF doc build. The relevant code is in
"plot/scribblings/common.rkt":

   (define plot-eval
     (let ([eval  (make-base-eval)])
       (eval '(begin
                (require <some requires> ...
                         (rename-in (except-in plot plot plot3d)
                                    [plot-pict  plot]
                                    [plot3d-pict  plot3d])
                         plot/utils)))
       eval))

Every plot page uses `plot-eval' to make an evaluator, so every example
plot in the documentation actually uses `plot-pict' instead of `plot'.
You could try something like this, but using `plot-bitmap'. Then - I
think - you wouldn't need `file/convertible'.

Neil ⊥

Posted on the users mailing list.