[racket] File name case when saving in Win 7

From: Jordan Johnson (jmj at fellowhuman.com)
Date: Sat Mar 2 00:18:54 EST 2013

Just realized I should clarify something about the following:

On Feb 25, 2013, at 5:51 PM, Jordan Johnson wrote:
> I have noticed that in Windows, DrRacket seems to be normalizing all file names to lowercase when I save.  Is it possible to alter this behavior? (I.e. is there some preference or setting I'm missing that would make it preserve case?  I've searched the docs and Web for terms such as "file name case", but come up dry.)

I'm referring specifically to the behavior when saving a file under a new name for the first time.  I.e., if a file is already named "MyRacketProgram.rkt", DrRacket preserves the name, but if I choose "Save As" and type in a similarly mixed-case (or all-uppercase) name that results in creating a new file, DrRacket lowercases all the letters in the filename I request.

I hope this is a clear enough explanation of what I'm asking about.

Thanks,
jmj

Posted on the users mailing list.