[racket] Realm of Racket as Starting Book?

From: Sean Kanaley (skanaley at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 25 13:29:54 EDT 2013

To the authors:

I have recommended Realm of Racket to a friend who expressed an interest
in programming in conjunction with HtDP.  Now, I'm sure the creators
would "strongly encourage" future software engineers to be comfortable
with the material in HtDP, but exactly how difficult is the "intended
for novices with basic exposure to programming" Realm of Racket?  I ask
because I'd rather not give him two books to work through at the same
time and have him lose interest trying to solve n-queens and implement
BFS vs making (to him possibly more interesting) games.

I'm geographically close in real life to I can also lend assistance in
the beginning.  So is it a true starter book?

Posted on the users mailing list.