[racket] Lazy syntax class attributes

From: Eric Dobson (eric.n.dobson at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 9 13:55:36 EDT 2013

I'm seeing something which looks like on different runs of my program
different attributes are forced in different orders. The change that
triggers this is changing something unrelated in the syntax pattern.
I'm still working at understanding what is triggering this so that I
can reproduce a small test case.

The basic code is that #'(op.unsafe e1.opt e2.opt) seems to force
e1.opt first sometimes and sometimes e2.opt is forced first. Could
this be a hash iteration order issue in the internals of syntax/parse?

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Eric Dobson <eric.n.dobson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I started working with this last night, and it simplified the code a
> lot. I was able to build syntax classes on top of other ones with a
> lot less worrying about when the slow path would be run. (And
> uncovered a couple of optimizer bugs in the process).
>

> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Ryan Culpepper <ryanc at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>> I've implemented what I described earlier, as well as the error on 3D values
>> in a #:with clause or ~parse right-hand side.
>>
>> Pattern variables that come from syntax-parse already acted differently; if
>> they weren't syntax-valued, they raised errors. All I've done now is turn
>> some error cases into non-error cases.
>>
>> Ryan
>>

>> On 06/01/2013 11:55 AM, Eric Dobson wrote:
>>>
>>> I would say not to implement this just on my behalf. I think it would
>>> be weird for pattern variables to act differently if they came from
>>> syntax-parse versus from with-syntax.

Posted on the users mailing list.