[racket] Dynamic Templates?

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 5 16:45:56 EDT 2013

While it is supposed to be pithy, it is also serious.

When I wrote it, I imagine that people would do something like this:

#lang racket/base
(require web-server/templates)

(define (template-content t x)
  (eval #`(let ([x #,x]) (include-template #,t))))

(template-content "t.txt" 5)
(template-content "t.txt" 6)

and trust that the template wouldn't include @(system "rm -fr /"). I
think that a simple eval works just fine for when you, the programmer,
want to change the content dynamic (although I'd say it is better to
use the web-server language so you can restart with the same
continuations, etc.)

Your solution is great for a template that a user provides, although
it has the hole that the template could call @include-template and
maybe find itself and go into a infinite loop, so it's not totally
"secure" unless you use a sandbox.

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>