[racket] Processing and Racket

From: David Griffiths (dave at fo.am)
Date: Tue Jun 4 06:11:47 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I've been keeping half an eye on this thread, a lot of people (me
included) use fluxus/racket for teaching programming to artists, and we
have a growing community of live coders who use it in performance
settings (VJing and making music too).

One of my current projects with fluxus is to use (graphical) scheme
programming to control bots in minecraft style environments:
http://www.pawfal.org/dave/blog/2013/03/building-pyramids-with-code-composition/

This is partly born from a frustration with processing and particularly
scratch (due to 2D graphics and it's imperative focus) which I'm
currently teaching at a local primary school. I'll be trying this out on
them soon!

cheers,

dave