[racket] Use `set!' or not in this scenario?

From: Norman Gray (norman at astro.gla.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Jul 20 07:16:43 EDT 2013

Greetings.

On 2013 Jul 19, at 23:09, Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> -- a monad (presumably using macros and well out of reach for a true beginner)

Well, I'm not a (complete) beginner, but I wouldn't know how to do that.

While I understand the idea of monads (I've digested Philip Wadler's http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.100.9674), I haven't managed to make the jump to seeing how that would be obviously useful in Racket.

Can anyone illustrate how that solution would work in Ben's example here?

Best wishes,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk