[racket] Finding files

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hashcollision.org)
Date: Thu Jan 31 18:07:01 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 3:30 PM, David Vanderson
<david.vanderson at gmail.com> wrote:
> (enter! "C:\\indexing\\serve.rkt")
>
> Does that work?  It looks like you just need to escape the backslashes -
> they are the escape character for Racket strings.

This won't work, unfortunately.  enter! takes in "module paths", and
according to the rules, if it's a plain string, it must be a relative
path string.  See the "rel-string" stuff in
http://docs.racket-lang.org/reference/require.html.

To make this work, John can do:

    (enter! (file "C:\\indexing\\serve.rkt"))

in which case since we're telling Racket it's ok to use a
platform-dependent path, Racket will acquiesce.

Alternatively, he can change the current directory first:

    (current-directory "C:\\indexing")

after which:

    (enter! "serve.rkt")

should be fine, because "serve.rkt" is relative to the current directory.

But if we're already in DrRacket, why use the enter! stuff to begin
with, when we've got the Run button?

Posted on the users mailing list.