[racket] Finding files

From: John Sampson (jrs.idx at ntlworld.com)
Date: Thu Jan 31 17:01:48 EST 2013

On 31/01/2013 21:38, Danny Yoo wrote:
> [First question ignored for the moment: the second question seems much
> more relevant to the problem you're encountering.]
>

>> Also, I am looking at the document 'Systems Programming with Racket'. It has
>> instructions for making a file "serve.rkt", which I have done, but Racket
>> cannot
>> find it, even if I specify the complete path. I have tried to understand the
>> documentation
>> on folders and files, but I am not succeeding.
> Can you show what you're doing?  It's very hard to tell what the true
> cause of the problem is.  Maybe what you're encountering is truly a
> path problem.  But maybe it's something else that you haven't
> considered!  Without knowing what you're doing, very few of us can say
> anything for certain.
>
> Are you trying to use Racket at the command line, or are you using DrRacket?
>
> Please show the full, literal content of what you're trying, as well
> as any error message you're encountering.  This can be invaluable,
> because there may be detail there that people here may be able to
> elucidate.

There are images in the conversation as i make guesses but I will paste
it from DrRacket's
interactions window to here (serve.rkt is in a directory "C:\indexing"
which is in the PATH environment
variable):

(enter! "serve.rkt")
. . enter!: undefined;
  cannot reference an identifier before its definition
 > (require racket/enter)
 > (enter! "serve.rkt")
. . ..\..\Program Files\Racket\collects\mred\private\snipfile.rkt:316:2:
open-input-file: cannot open input file
   path: C:\Users\User\serve.rkt
   system error: The system cannot find the file specified.; errno=2
 > (enter! "C:\indexing\serve.rkt")
. read: unknown escape sequence \i in string
 > (enter! "C:/indexing/
serve.rkt")
. . ..\..\Program Files\Racket\collects\racket\enter.rkt:33:0:
module->namespace: contract violation
   expected: module-path?
   given: "C:/indexing/\nserve.rkt"
 > (enter! "C:/indexing/serve.rkt")
. . ..\..\Program Files\Racket\collects\racket\enter.rkt:33:0:
module->namespace: contract violation
   expected: module-path?
   given: "C:/indexing/serve.rkt"
 > (find-system-path 'home-dir)