[racket] How to invoke a blocking foreign function without blocking whole racket?

From: Tim Brown (tim.brown at timb.net)
Date: Wed Jan 30 05:01:33 EST 2013

There are internal FFI calls: scheme_make_fd_input_port and
scheme_make_fd_output_port, documented in
http://docs.racket-lang.org/inside/Ports_and_the_Filesystem.html?q=to%20port#(idx._(gentag._480._(lib._scribblings/inside/inside..scrbl)))

If you would normally be able to poll (or select) from the port, then a
little bit of work will allow you to tie your IO closer to the racket
events system.

There are more involved variants, I've mostly only needed this level of
access at the racket level; servicing the known-to-be ready fd is done by
your FFI library.

Tim