[racket] Student having trouble running DrRacket -- suggestions?

From: Stephen Bloch (bloch at adelphi.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 29 14:31:04 EST 2013

On Jan 29, 2013, at 1:42 PM, Sharon Tuttle <st10 at humboldt.edu> wrote:

> I am using DrRacket in a class this semester, and one of my students is having trouble with it -- it quits immediately upon opening.

I ran into something similar myself just this morning.  A student walked into my office, I wanted to show her how to do something in DrRacket, I double-clicked it, and I got a big crash dump.  On Robby's suggestion I tried invoking it from a Terminal window, where I got the message "… mach-o but wrong architecture."  I deleted the Racket folder, downloaded and installed the 32-bit binary, and it worked.  What puzzles me is why I didn't notice a problem until today.

Stephen Bloch
sbloch at adelphi.edu

Posted on the users mailing list.