[racket] Student having trouble running DrRacket -- suggestions?

From: Sharon Tuttle (st10 at humboldt.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 29 13:42:18 EST 2013

I am using DrRacket in a class this semester, and one of my students is having trouble with it -- it quits immediately upon opening. In his words:

> 1. I have downloaded multiple different copies and it seems to have no
> effect. Literally 2 seconds after I click the icon to open, it brings
> the error box hat says "This program has quit unexpectedly. Relaunch
> or ignore." Obviously when I try to relaunch, it does the same thing
> over and over. I have also downloaded from the other mirror sites
> listed on the site, unfortunately to no effect.
>
> I have verified the following information.
> Mac OS X
> Version  10.5.8
> Processor   2.2 GHz Intel Core Duo
> Memory   1 GB  667 MHz  DDR2  SDRAM
> Startup Disk Macintosh HD
>
> It is a rather old laptop, I believe I purchased it in 2007. I do have
> music software(Pro Tools) and Mathematica(8) installed on my computer
> that makes me wonder if it may be causing problems. Pro Tools seems to
> be good at that.

I'm not sure what else to suggest, and would appreciate any suggestions or where I might ask for help.

Thanks!

-- Sharon Tuttle
   Humboldt State University

Posted on the users mailing list.