[racket] raco exe difficutly with Release 5.3.1 & stateless web server

From: Galler (lzgaller at optonline.net)
Date: Sun Jan 27 00:02:02 EST 2013

Hello,

I encountered difficulty compiling a #lang web server application after
upgrading to v.5.3.1 from v5.3 last night. O/S is WinXP service pack 3

The executable would compile into an .exe file.

But when run,  a console window would briefly open then close.

The program did not execute.

I was able to reproduce the bad behavior with the following minimal
source code, and the following raco script, which appear below.

I further note that the minimal program can be successfully run in
DrRacket, and can be compiled and run *without* encountering the problem
by adding the -l launcher flag to the raco script. Successful execution
results in a browser window opening with 'hello world' appearing in the
loaded document.

Any guidance would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks

Zack

;START RACO SCRIPT

raco exe simplest-raco-failure.rkt

;END RACO SCRIPT

;START SOURCE CODE

#lang web-server

(require  web-server/servlet-env)

(define (start request)
   (let ((response-generator (λ (make-url)
                               (response/xexpr `(html (head )
                                                      (body "hello
world"))))))
     (send/suspend/dispatch response-generator)))

(serve/servlet start
                #:stateless? #t
                #:launch-browser? #t
                #:connection-close? #t