[racket] Question about syntax splicing and formatting of the resulting code body

From: Ray Racine (ray.racine at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 9 10:48:19 EST 2013

Sorry off topic, but Forward Production Rete Rules Engines, such fond
memories.   An exact blueprint to code one from scratch is below.  Jess is
license encumbered, Drools is not, but I expect you've already run across
it.

And many, many moons long gone, I did an impl in SML that compiled under
MLton  which was PDQ.  Then a buddy of mine with some assistance did what
is AFAIK still the only mult-threaded / concurrent implementation (in Java)
of a Reta alpha/beta network using a sort of "zipper" algo on the network
graph.  It's still out there http://www.zilonis.org/ , not used by anyone
AFAIK, though we believe a few folks did take the code internally.   We had
it in production for awhile long ago (ad targeting on web).   Rumor was
Forgy also built a concurrent solution, but you had to model the Rete in a
DSL and it compiled to Java code.  Never caught on.

Oh and yes of course, the Zilonis version has a "tiny" scheme interpreter
built in to write capable of simple calculations, regex matches etc in the
rules.
Production Matching for Large Learning Systems
(Rete/UL)<http://docs.codehaus.org/download/attachments/8082/CMU-CS-95-113.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1092858118000>

by Robert B. Doorenbos