[racket] Racket v5.3.2

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 27 08:49:22 EST 2013

At Wed, 27 Feb 2013 09:17:03 +0100, Marijn wrote:

> On 05-02-13 09:58, Marijn wrote:

> >> I'm not in a good position to try it at the moment, but there
> >> should have been an error during the `make install', and it
> >> sounds like documentation did not get installed. The `make
> >> install' may have otherwise succeeded, though, and my guess is
> >> that the doc-build error isn't noisy enough.
> >
> > Right. So in the case of docs being disabled, would sqlite still
> > be needed when scribbling and using third party docs or is its only
> > use to build (and use I assume) the Racket reference docs?
> >
> > Marijn
>
> I'm still interested in an answer to this,

SQLite is needed by `raco setup' and things that use `raco setup',
including `raco pkg install', `raco planet install', installing an
old-fashioned ".plt" file, or `make install' when building from source.

SQLite isn't needed when reading the documentation, searching the
documentation from DrRacket, or rendering new documentation with plain
Scribble. Still, it's better to have SQLite when using DrRacket or
Scribble, since searching/rendering can then avoid loading all
cross-reference information into memory.

Posted on the users mailing list.