[racket] "The Racket Reference" PDF first page ugliness

From: Tim Brown (tim.brown at cityc.co.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 20 08:02:04 EST 2013

Folks,

I usually read the documentation for racket in the scribbled HTML form.
But today, I needed to print something from the PDF, which I find better
laid out for paper.

So I went to http://pre.racket-lang.org/docs/pdf/reference.pdf and noticed
that the first page has a "margin-note" which just about fits on the the
page.  The margin-note works on the HTML documentation since it sits to the
right of the (vertically long) table-of-contents.  But I don't think it
works aesthetically on the PDF version (just look at it to see what I
mean).  Could it be somehow styled to become a "footnote" when building
the LaTeX?  (I _do_ see how a footnote wouldn't be a appropriate for HTML
rendering).

Tim

--
Tim Brown <tim.brown at cityc.co.uk>  | City Computing Limited            |
T: +44 20 8770 2110                | City House, Sutton Park Road      |