[racket] scribble error

From: Jon Rafkind (rafkind at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 14 14:49:24 EST 2013

Strange scribble error today. I haven't debugged it much yet, in case someone has an idea of whats going on.

$ scribble --pdf main.scrbl
File not found: /home/jon/.racket/llncs.cls
Downloading via ftp://ftp.springer.de/pub/tex/latex/llncs/latex2e/llncs2e.zip...
rename-file-or-directory: cannot rename file or directory
  source path: /home/jon/svn/school/dissertation/file.tmp
  dest path: /var/tmp/llncs2e.zip
  system error: Invalid cross-device link; errno=18
  context...:
   /home/jon/tmp/plt/collects/scribble/lncs/lang.rkt: [running body]

The directory where I ran scribble from is on the same partition as /var/tmp, so I don't understand the "invalid cross-device link" part..

Posted on the users mailing list.