[racket] "file dependency: ..." log messages with PLTSTDERR=info

From: Tony Garnock-Jones (tonyg at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 13 15:42:18 EST 2013

On 02/13/2013 02:08 PM, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> We already changed some. The GC messages, for example, go to a logger
> named `GC'. I'm not sure whether there are others besides CM
> accomplices that need to change.

The bizarre thing here is that from a cursory reading of the code,
there's a parameter already holding a specialized logger that the CM
log-message-emitter uses. But then there's a weird kind of
filter-and-relay-on-non-match thing happening which might connect that
logger to the master one, and a bunch of other possible "leaks"... and I
may have also completely misunderstood what the code is doing.

Suffice to say, it's a complex piece of code, and it wasn't obvious what
The Right Thing to do might be :-)

Tony

Posted on the users mailing list.