[racket] Datalog extensions

From: Evan Donahue (emdonahu at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 30 00:01:34 EST 2013

Hello,

I am curious about the current status and future plans for the datalog
package. I am working on an interactive system that uses datalog for its
internal data storage, and am finding it difficult to map dynamic user
actions onto the available datalog syntactic abstractions even with the
racket interop extensions. Issues include:

- table names unknown until runtime
- difficulty abstracting common use patterns due to an ostensibly
inadequate mental model of the interplay between syntax expansion and the
datalog machinery

What I would like to know is whether people would be open to a patch that
exposed a runtime api for modifying theories for use in hooking into
alternative interfaces/syntaxes, and, if so, whether anyone had any extant
thoughts on the best way to fit that into the current code.

Thank you,
Evan