[racket] info.rkt `deps` (was: Package fails to compile during 'make in-place' but not 'raco pkg install')

From: Greg Hendershott (greghendershott at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 20 16:04:26 EST 2013

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt
<samth at cs.indiana.edu> wrote:
> It's not collections that need to be specified, just packages. Here
> are the missing dependencies for "markdown", for example, as printed
> out by `raco setup`:
>
> raco setup: undeclared dependency detected
> raco setup:   for package: "markdown"
> raco setup:   on packages:
> raco setup:    "base"
> raco setup:    "sandbox-lib"
> raco setup:    "scribble-lib"
> raco setup:    "srfi-lite-lib"
> raco setup:   on packages for build:
> raco setup:    "at-exp-lib"
> raco setup:    "html-lib"
> raco setup:    "rackunit-lib"
> raco setup:    "redex-lib"

Hmm. I don't see that output here:
https://travis-ci.org/greghendershott/markdown/jobs/14812080

Does `raco setup` not show this when run as part of `raco pkg install`?

> There's lots of info that the raco tools `check-requires`,
> `show-deps`, and `show-dependencies` provide.
>
> The middle of those is https://github.com/samth/find-pkg-deps, the
> other two are provided by the macro debugger.

Oh. Those are on the lower-priority help list and I never noticed them
before. I'll try them, as well as your find-pkg-deps package.

Before seeing your post here I did find
http://docs.racket-lang.org/macro-debugger/index.html#%28mod-path._macro-debugger%2Fanalysis%2Fcheck-requires%29

I do see/understand the caveats.

Posted on the users mailing list.