[racket] DrRacket GUI tutorial with MVC concepts?

From: Geoffrey S. Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Sat Dec 14 13:05:16 EST 2013

My son, who I'm afraid/inspired to say is a DrRacket addict, in that he does much of his homework (physics, calculus, Latin, music, what-next...) in DrRacket, has read through the Racket GUI Toolkit docs at:

http://docs.racket-lang.org/gui/

and presto, he has an app that can conjugate or decline any number of Latin words in a window.  The window has tabs and buttons and text areas and all the good stuff the toolkit provides, but in talking with him I discovered he'd never heard about MVC.  Is there a Racket tutorial somewhere that goes into the proper MVC (or whatever you want to call it) approach in the context of building Racket applications?

By the way, what does the Racket community call MVC?  I've seen other communities come up with their own terminology (e.g., [1]), and I don't know/remember if Racket has stayed with MVC or called it something else.

Thanks,
Geoff

[1] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/faq/general/#django-appears-to-be-a-mvc-framework-but-you-call-the-controller-the-view-and-the-view-the-template-how-come-you-don-t-use-the-standard-names

Posted on the users mailing list.