[racket] Prabhalar Ragde's code

From: Michael Jensen (mikethe1wheelnut at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 7 13:15:53 EST 2013

thank's for the replies!

my current understanding is that where John uses:  @(require
"pr-math.rkt"), Prabhakar uses: @(require "math-utilities.rkt"), and that
either one will work, if the file defined here:
https://github.com/soegaard/bracket/blob/master/docs/pr-math.rkt is saved
locally under that name.

question 1:  it seems one standard way to get these "packages" or files is
the one documented here:
http://docs.racket-lang.org/planet/Using_PLaneT.html .   however, the list
of packages on planet is very long.  is there a way to search it?  or to
jump to all packages starting with "k" for example?

question 2:
http://docs.racket-lang.org/pkg/Managing_Packages.html#%28def._%28%28lib._pkg/main..rkt%29._show%29%29gives
info on how to install packages from the command line, but I have not
succeeded in doing so yet.  I think part of the problem is that I don't
know how to specify what package I want.  there doesn't seem to be a
function to list the available packages, at least not from the command
line.  it would seem that this list of packages is provided by planet.
however, I don't see any .rkt files there.  it seems to me like there must
be a "slick" way of getting code like Prabhakar's, more slick than
selecting, copying and pasting into a new file, naming it, then including
it.  however, I don't see it yet.

I have now tried (following
http://docs.racket-lang.org/pkg/Package_Concepts.html#%28tech._package._source%29
):

mikethe1wheelnut at mikethe1wheelnut-OptiPlex-9010:~$ raco pkg install -t
github github://github.com/soegaard/bracket/blob/master/docs/pr-math.rkt
raco pkg install: could not infer package name from source
  source: github://github.com/soegaard/bracket/blob/master/docs/pr-math.rkt

mikethe1wheelnut at mikethe1wheelnut-OptiPlex-9010:~$ raco pkg install -t name
github://github.com/soegaard/bracket/blob/master/docs/pr-math.rkt
raco pkg install: could not infer package name from source
  source: github://github.com/soegaard/bracket/blob/master/docs/pr-math.rkt

mikethe1wheelnut at mikethe1wheelnut-OptiPlex-9010:~$ raco pkg install -t
file-url github://github.com/soegaard/bracket/blob/master/docs/pr-math.rkt
URL scheme "github" not supported

mikethe1wheelnut at mikethe1wheelnut-OptiPlex-9010:~$ raco pkg install
github://github.com/soegaard/bracket/blob/master/docs/pr-math.rkt
raco pkg install: could not infer package name from source
  source: github://github.com/soegaard/bracket/blob/master/docs/pr-math.rkt

questions 3: it would be nice if there was a way to 1) output the results
of prabhakar's code to the "DrRacket’s bottom text area", as opposed to a
separate pdf document, and similarly 2), to request math formulas from
there as well, as I have tried to do here (screen-shot)

 ragde.png<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ggRM1W8Jy9T1h1ZVRxS0VLZW8/edit?usp=drive_web>

any tips would be appreciated.  in the meantime, I'll continue reviewing
the racket documentation.

-mike