[racket] link: namespace mismatch error involving flomap-stats.rkt and flomap-struct.rkt

From: Galler (lzgaller at optonline.net)
Date: Fri Dec 6 02:05:47 EST 2013

Nathaniel Rudavsky-Brody writes:

> Hi Zack and everyone,
> I'm going back to this old thread
(http://lists.racket-lang.org/users/archive/2013-January/056176.html), since
I have a similar problem with raco and flomap, and can't tell if anyone
found a solution. Are there any new ideas?

Nathaniel,

I don't have a solution, but after 4 hours of troubleshooting, I have a hint.

The problem seems to be in the interaction between file flomap-stats.rkt and
flomap-struct.rkt

SETUP

PROGRAM-A.rkt
---------------

#lang racket
(require images/private/flomap-stats)

---------------

Compile program-A :   >raco exe program-A.rkt

Run program-A: >program-A.exe

This will regenerate your error.

Now edit images/private/flomap-stats.rkt as described below  (make a copy first)

1. comment out flomap-stats.rkt's require form
2. copy and paste flomap-struct.rkt into flomap-stats
3. comment out flomap-struct.rkt's provide form
4. save your changes
5. re-compile and run program-A

This should run successfully without error

Obviously, this doesn't solve your problem, b/c you need images/flomap vs.
flomap-stats, but maybe you can run with this for a bit.

Maybe look at the module-browser in Dr. Racket for anything that seems
strange in the original flomap-stats dependency tree?

R./
Zack

Posted on the users mailing list.