[racket] Esc/Alt key bindings and RSI (Was: hello..)

From: Michael Jensen (mikethe1wheelnut at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 2 11:38:49 EST 2013

issue resolved.  (from what I can tell).   I'm clearly an ubuntu/unity
novice, didn't know where to look for the menus.

cheers,

-mike :-)

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 11:06 PM, Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu
> wrote:
Racket's GUI library is doing its best to trick ubuntu where the menus are
concerned. Matthew Flatt would know better how to look into this properly,
but there could easily be a bug in the way our GUI libs attempt to
cooperate with the underlying GUI library there. (The trickiness all stems
from trying to support eventspaces. Matthew touches on them here in this
talk; well worth checking out if you've not see it:
http://www.infoq.com/presentations/Racket)

Robby

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Michael Jensen
<mikethe1wheelnut at gmail.com>wrote:
you laugh :-)

I should have been more specific.  I don't seem to have the menus listed
here:
http://docs.racket-lang.org/drracket/Menus.html#%28part._menu~3afile%29<http://docs.racket-lang.org/drracket/Menus.html#%28part._menu%7E3afile%29>

some history:  I had the issues discussed here:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/131358/drracket-doesnt-work-on-ubuntu-12-04

and here:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/186758/drracket-icon-doesnt-work

and the most recent problem I found a solution to is documented here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/racket/+bug/1065997

..perhaps I should submit another bug report..?  or upgrade to the newest
version of ubuntu?