[racket] applicative order -- topic was: Re: Help with exception raising and testing

From: Alexander McLin (alex.mclin at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 28 12:41:12 EDT 2013

I would like to understand this some more.

My understanding of applicative order is also connected with normal order,
I thought applicative order just means that all arguments given to a
procedure are always evaluated before the procedure is applied, the
left-right or right-left detail is irrelevant. Likewise normal order is the
opposite, arguments are only evaluated when they are actually needed,
regardless of left-right or right-left ordering.

In fact I learned that in SCIP, so I need to check when the edition I have
was published to see how old it really is.

Alex