[racket] Worried about the new package manager not storing each version of a package

From: Laurent (laurent.orseau at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 27 02:39:50 EDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 10:18 PM, Lawrence Woodman <
lwoodman at vlifesystems.com> wrote:

> After a quick scrape of the packages directory I only found 4 packages
> using a github source that weren't pointing to the master branch:
>     irc, mischief, websocket and xdgbasedir

Personally, I hadn't tagged/branched my packages because I wasn't sure
which solution was better, or what to do exactly, and how much time it
would take me to (search how to) do it.
But now I found that:
http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-Basics-Tagging
And from pkg's docs, we are also told that:
( http://docs.racket-lang.org/pkg/Package_Concepts.html )

which should be sufficient to know how to make and use tags.
So now at least one of my packages is tagged, and future ones will probably
be.

Side notes:
-  I don't know how well that fits on pkg's docs page, but I think it would
help people to have a link on how to create tags or branches, e.g. in the
margin.
- Also, I've wished several times for a link to pkg's docs on the search
page of pkg.racket-lang.org, or maybe actually on every page of this site
would be helpful.

Laurent