[racket] Windows build problems on 5.90.0.7

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 19 09:21:46 EDT 2013

At Sat, 17 Aug 2013 13:51:08 -0600, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> At Sat, 17 Aug 2013 11:30:40 -0700, Ben Goetter wrote:
> > At Vince's advice, I tried
> >      raco pkg install -i main-distribution
> > to complete my installation, but got a SSL error
> >
> >      Resolving "main-distribution" via https://pkg.racket-lang.org
> >      SSLv23_client_method: implementation not found; no arguments provided
> >      ...collects/openssl/mzssl.rkt:397:18
>
> That's intended to work (as of late yesterday), but I had overlooked
> the special bootstrapping problem presented by Windows: how to download
> the SSL library when libraries are downloaded over an HTTPS connection.

I've fixed this problem by adding to the Racket base an SSL
implementation over native Windows libraries.

The native-Windows SSL implementation is less complete than `openssl',
but it's good enough to download and install packages (including the
package that contains the OpenSSL libraries).

Posted on the users mailing list.