[racket] Windows build problems on 5.90.0.7

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 17 15:51:08 EDT 2013

At Sat, 17 Aug 2013 11:30:40 -0700, Ben Goetter wrote:
> At Vince's advice, I tried
>      raco pkg install -i main-distribution
> to complete my installation, but got a SSL error
>
>      Resolving "main-distribution" via https://pkg.racket-lang.org
>      SSLv23_client_method: implementation not found; no arguments provided
>      ...collects/openssl/mzssl.rkt:397:18

That's intended to work (as of late yesterday), but I had overlooked
the special bootstrapping problem presented by Windows: how to download
the SSL library when libraries are downloaded over an HTTPS connection.

> So then I did something radical: I read the top-level README.txt and
> followed its directions.
>      nmake win32-in-place

I'll revise the "Quick Instructions" section to try to find a better
trade-off between brevity and coverage.

> This rebuilt the core, created a spurious "-p" subdirectory,

Ah, that one's easy to fix.

Thanks for the feedback!

Posted on the users mailing list.