[racket] Racket in computational science?

From: Konrad Hinsen (konrad.hinsen at fastmail.net)
Date: Fri Aug 16 06:56:35 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

Profiting from the calm summer period, I explored Racket over the last
two weeks because I kept hearing good things about it. It looks indeed
quite impressive, but I suspect I don't need to tell that to members
of this list ;-)

What caught my attention is the math library, which looks quite nice
(in theory, I haven't yet done anything with it), and should make
Racket a good language choice for scientific computing. But I couldn't
find any computational science applications or libraries written in
Racket. Maybe I didn't look in the right place, or maybe they are
simply not public, but I find it hard to believe that all the stuff in
math was written without ever being used in practice. So what's the
story behind it?

Konrad.

Posted on the users mailing list.