[racket] How to document a package and access its documentation

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 12 14:05:00 EDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Asumu Takikawa <asumu at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> On 2013-08-12 09:51:49 -0600, Jay McCarthy wrote:
>> We could make it so you could have that link on the
>> server too, but I'm skeptical
>> that the lack of one redirection would be very compelling.
>
> If I understand correctly, you're suggesting that developers upload
> their docs to their github repo and users just follow the link to the
> package source and look for the docs.

No, I'm not suggesting that. We already have a plan for how the
package catalog will show documentation: by building the real
documentation and showing it. You said that you don't want to wait for
that and want something else as a stop gap. I agree with all your
problems with this stop gap, which is why I intend to implement the
original idea.

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>