[racket] Stuttering problems with big-bang

From: Jack Firth (the.game.creator6 at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 7 01:58:28 EDT 2013

Hey users, I'm experimenting with some simple games using big-bang from
2htdp/universe and I keep running into stuttering problems. It seems to be
the garbage collector slowing things down (green recycle symbol in drracket
is on whenever the program is frozen).

Increasing the memory limit or removing the limit altogether doesn't seem
to affect the problem, and I've checked in the IRC and it occurs on other
machines as well, all of which have the specs that it shouldn't have any
problems with slowdown. Are there issues with big-bang and it's event
handling?

Source - https://gist.github.com/Universalist235/6171371