[racket] iRobot Roomba robot hacking in Racket?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sun Aug 4 16:12:42 EDT 2013

FYI, I'm almost finished with (untested) code for a Racket Roomba
library, and plan to test and release it once my iRobot serial cable
arrives.  It should work with all Roombas (and iRobot Creates) of the
last 6-7 years.

Initially, I plan to control the Roomba using a serial cable tether to
an offboard laptop.  Later, if I have time, I plan to have a Raspberry
Pi onboard the Roomba, which can switch between running stored Racket
programs onboard and being a WiFi-based bridge for controlling Roomba
wirelessly from an offboard PC.  (This would permit using DrRacket to
develop/debug the program while still controlling the robot, and then
running the same program on the robot without the offboard PC.)

If anyone has any interest/need for this, let me know, and we can
compare notes.

Neil V.

Posted on the users mailing list.