[racket] Running into severe scaling issues with plt-web-server

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 10 14:25:09 EDT 2013

I have very long running instance of the Web server... running for
months and months with pretty steady access. For instance, the DrDr
Web app never needs to be restarted.

I don't want to be too dismissive of questions like this, but I
haven't noticed what you're talking about as being rooted in the
server itself. (Every once in a while I discover little things that
could be the root of problems like that. For example, there was an
additional thread per connection that was removed before the last
release.)

As for things going on in servlets, it can be easy to make
continuations too big (but you say you're not using them). It can be
easy to leave the server side connection hanging, I'd use lsof to see
if that's the case.

I'd say the first thing to do is gather data... such as the output of
'uptime' and memory usage of the server and the servlet (using
current-memory-use)... until you get a crash

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>
http://faculty.cs.byu.edu/~jay