[racket] Misleading label when registering with pkg.racket-lang.org

From: Tony Garnock-Jones (tonyg at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 4 19:51:45 EDT 2013

I just tried to register a package with pkg.racket-lang.org. First I
registered an account, by typing in an email address and fresh password.

The next step was a webpage prompting me for "Name" and some other
fields. I didn't realise it was asking me for the *package* name, and
thought it was looking for *my* name! Fortunately, it rejected the
package name "Tony Garnock-Jones" because it had a hyphen in it.

It took me until I was ready to post an angry message pointing at
http://www.kalzumeus.com/2010/06/17/falsehoods-programmers-believe-about-names/
to finally realise it wanted me to type the *package* name.

I think the form should have the field label "Name" replaced with
"Package Name", to make life easier for klutzes like myself :-)

Regards,
  Tony

Posted on the users mailing list.