[racket] Redex question: parameterizing a language definition

From: David Van Horn (dvanhorn at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 4 11:19:59 EDT 2013

On 4/4/13 11:15 AM, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> ;; ---
>
> On an unrelated note, you may wish to experiment with lambdaLVar
> as a #lang so that you can write programs. Since you seem to be
> designing a PL, I consider the practical evaluation as at least
> as important as a reduction semantics. Just a thought. [My gain for
> Racket would be that someone who does parallel 'stuff' uses our
> parallel features.]

By the way, as a first step, it's very easy to construct #lang languages
out of redex models.

There are some details in this thread:

    http://lists.racket-lang.org/users/archive/2012-October/054468.html

Of course, you'll probably want to eventually implement this language in
something more efficient than Redex, but at least this gets you to the
point of writing and running programs in your language.

David

Posted on the users mailing list.