[racket] an interesting article on IDE's for education

From: Eugene Wallingford (wallingf at cs.uni.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 29 11:51:08 EDT 2012

> See http://worrydream.com/LearnableProgramming/ .  A lot of
> inspiring and interesting ideas about how an IDE can make
> programs more comprehensible.

     Victor gave a talk nearly identical to this paper at StrangeLoop
     on Tuesday.  It was good.  But I must say that Matthew Flatt's
     talk called "The Racket Way" earlier that day was also quite
     impressive.  I heard a lot of people afterwards say that they
     wanted their IDE to be able to do what Dr. Racket does, or
     that people should use Racket to teach programming languages
     in school.  Personally, it inspired me to use _more_ or
     Racket in my PL courses.

---- Eugene

> Some of these ideas could be incorporated into DrRacket
> fairly easily, e.g. abstracting a block of code by wrapping
> a function definition around it.

Posted on the users mailing list.